The following are the policies and guidelines that guide NORM meetings and contact between members:
- NORM and volunteers listed on our website will not, under any circumstances, reveal or provide the names of participants to anyone for any purpose without the specific permission of the individual (unless required by law).
- The founders and coordinators observe confidentiality: no members’ names will be used when the group is discussed outside of meetings.
- Individuals may share information such as their own name and address with others at their discretion.
- No sexual activity is allowed during group meetings.
- There are no set dues. Funds to cover expenses (rent of meeting places, refreshments, postage and publications) are to be donated by members within their own abilities.
- There are no elected officers in this program. The founders will appoint leadership for each participating group and will maintain oversight of its activities within these guidelines.
- Consensus of those who regularly attend meetings will, in general, determine the agenda for scheduled meetings and the means by which to best accomplish the purposes and goals of this program.
- Due to the sense of woundedness of many of the men who participate in these groups and out of a sense of modesty, women will not be invited to attend the regular meetings.
Some NORM locations may have additional policies in effect. Contact your local coordinator for more information.